Test-tube type identification barcode reading and cap control
- EOPTIS’ color camera, remote control, integrated illuminator and processing unit
- Small camera size (37x45x50 mm³)
- Identification of 17 different test-tube types
- Remote interaction with the control software via RS232
The main need is to communicate information like the barcode printed on the label, test-tube dimension and cap color (if any), to the shunting system. The requested operation must be carried out while the test-tube is moving and within a defined time interval.
- Test-tube identification
- Barcode reading
- Cap presence check - color classification
EOPTIS developed a vision system that satisfies the customer needs using a single color camera and capturing a set of images when the test-tube enters the input gate.
- Single color camera vision system
- Multi-image acquisition
The implemented solution drastically reduced the error-ratio of the shunting system, allowing the process tracking and increasing the system efficency.
- Reduced error ratio
- Process traceability and increased efficency